This page contains guidelines and entry links for our culinary contests:
Chocolatier Championships – Prizes from $100 – $200
You may pay your competition entry fees online .
Best Fudge – Best Toffee – Best Chocolate Design
Best Open Class (bars, tiles and anything else!)
and the Truffle Trifecta with a $200 Grand Prize
This contest is open to all culinary professionals. You may enter as many of the Chocolatier Championship contests as you wish, and you may have up to 10 entries per category. Please fill out one entry form for each separate entry. Entries must be the original creation of the entrant on the entry form.[/box]
- Entries must emphasize chocolate, in ingredients and appearance. White chocolate may be used. The Colorado Chocolate Festival reserves the right to refuse any entry that is deemed inappropriate.
- Entry fee is $10 per entry.
- Competition Entry Forms and Fees should be received by May 1. However, we will accept a limited number of entries onsite – Saturday between 10 am – 11 am.
- You may register and pay online or you may send entry forms and fees to:
Dana Cain, 5061 S Stuart Ct., Denver, CO 80123.
- Prizes for the Truffle Trifecta are as follows: Grand Champion – $200 and certificate; Best Traditional Filling – $100 and certificate; Best Non-Traditional Filling – $100 and certificate. The first place prize in each non-truffle category is $100 and a certificate.
- Entries must be delivered on-site and checked in between 10am – 11am on Saturday. Entries will be stored in a secure area.
- Entries should consist of 5 servings. A serving would be enough for a judge to have at least 3 bites or swallows.
- Best chocolate design will be judged on visuals, so individual servings are not required – Just one entry is fine.
- Judging will be done by regional food critics and chocolate experts (TBA) and awards will be presented Saturday on our Main Stage at 2pm. Entries (except as noted) will be judged on flavor, texture, originality, appearance and skillful use of chocolate.
- Entrants are asked to be present – or to have a representative present – during the awards presentation from 2:00 – 2:30 pm.